AEG Foundation Details
- Founded in 1992 by three past presidents of AEG. Incorporated in California, headquartered in Colorado.
- We are an IRS 501 (c) 3 public charity. Our Federal Tax Identification Number is 94-3168991.
- Our California Registry of Charitable Trusts number is CT87308.
- Our California Corporation number is C1524975.
- Net assets of about $754,979 at close of Fiscal 2011
|What We Do||Outcomes in Fiscal Year 2011|
|Manage six scholarship funds that support students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.||Awarded 16 scholarships with a total value of $20,250.|
|Fund continuing education programs for professionals through Shlemon grants.||Funded Satellite Imagery for Environmental Reuse of Cement Kiln Dust and Sewage Disposal Discharge in East Beni Suef, Egypt through the Research Fund.|
|Seek donations from engineering geologists and the public to support our programs and operations.||Donation income of over $53,000.|
|Support the promotion of environmental and engineering geology through support of the Jahns Lecturer||Established the Roy J. Shlemon Continuing Education Fund|
We Are Serious About Being in Business
- Nine-member Board of Directors meets at the table twice a year and by telephone conference several times a year. Directors donate their time and expenses to attend board meetings.
- Board governance includes: formal agendas and minutes, annual budget process, annual accounting reviews by a CPA who also prepares tax/information returns, contract part-time Executive Director, Director's Handbook, and Fund Charters that set fund operating criteria and goals for every fund. Books are kept on the accrual basis and in accordance with nonprofit accounting standards (Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. 117).
- We maintain Directors and Officers insurance, and general liability insurance.
- We have and follow Board Policies on Investment, Conflict of Interest, Compliance, Expense Reimbursement, Anti-harassment, Whistleblower, Document Retention, Board Member Expectations, Foundation Gift Acceptance, and Donor Privacy.
- Member: Colorado Nonprofit Association, Member # 37495
- Member: California Association of Nonprofits, Member # 7329
We file these tax and information returns:
- Federal form 990
- California form 199
- California form RRF-1, Attorney General's Registry of Charitable Trusts
- California Secretary of State form 100
- Listed in GuideStar (May be listed under the original name: Engineering Geology Foundation.)