Programs for StudentsThese Funds assist students to attend field camps, professional meetings, and support student research, scholarship, and professional development.
- BEARDSLEY-KUPER FUND: This scholarship was established in 2009 by Cathryne Beardsley with her daughter Dorian Kuper and son-in-law Tom Kuper. The fund provides financial support for field camp tuition and expenses. Charter
- LEMKE FUND: This scholarship was established in 2007 in memory of June and Richard Lemke and provides supporting funds to AEG Student Members attending the AEG Annual Meeting. Charter
- MARLIAVE FUND: The Marliave Fund was established by AEG in 1968 and is in memory of Burton, Chester, and Elmer Marliave. This fund supports graduate and undergraduate Scholarships in Engineering Geology and Geological Engineering. Charter
- MATHEWSON FUND: This scholarship was established in by the AEG Texas Section in 2007 and provides supporting funds to AEG Student Members studying in Texas. Charter
- TILFORD FUND: Established in 1998 in memory of Norman Tilford, a Past President and Executive Director of AEG, and professor at Texas A&M. This fund is distributed as grants awarded to graduate and undergraduate students in support of field studies. Charter
- STOUT FUND: Established in 1994 by the Southern California Section in honor of Professor Martin Stout. This fund supports graduate and undergraduate students in environmental and engineering Geology. Charter
- STUDENT CHAPTER GRANT PROGRAM: This program supports AEG Student Chapters for field trips, visiting professionals, and other program needs through small grants.
Programs for PractitionersThese Funds support workshops, conferences, speaker programs, research, and publications for professionals in environmental and engineering geoscience fields.
- SHLEMON CONTINUING EDUCATION FUND: The newest fund for the Foundation, the Continuing Education Fund supports local workshops through AEG Sections. Charter
- JAHNS FUND: Supports speaker programs, including the Jahns Lecturer selected by the AEG and Engineering Geology Division of the Geological Society of America. Charter
- LEGGET FUND: Supports traditional and web-based publications in environmental and engineering geology to benefit the professional practitioner, faculty, students, and the public. Program expansion plans include public information outreach and a web-based library of classic books and papers, bibliographies, and professional practice resources. Charter
- RESEARCH FUND: Supports small research projects that advance the science and application of environmental and engineering geology. Charter
- SHLEMON SPECIALTY CONFERENCE FUND: initiated by Roy Shlemon in 1997, this fund supports specialty conferences in engineering geology and related fields. Charter
Foundation Support ProgramsThese Funds support the general operation of the Foundation, and provide support to underfunded programs and funds.