AEG Foundation plays a key role in the success of our profession.
Established by three Past Presidents of the Association of Engineering Geologists (AEG) in 1992, the AEG Foundation plays a key role in the success of our profession. The AEG Foundation's vision is to create a culture of giving back to the profession, and to instill complete confidence in donors that their money is well-invested and well-spent. Our core programs emphasize scholarship, research, and professional development to improve professional practice. We support outreach to increase the public's appreciation of environmental and engineering geology in geo-hazard evaluation and risk reduction.
AEG Foundation Documents
Looking for anything from Policies to Newsletters? Click here to see the current and historical AEG Foundation Newsletters; Annual Reports, Meeting Minutes, Financial documents, Bylaws, and Policies.
Board of Directors
Duane Kreuger, RG
Enjoys fishing, camping, and BBQing
Anna Saindon, PE, RG, PhD
Enjoys gardening, crafting, and martial arts
Roz Munro, PG, CEG
Favorite part of the job is geohazard remediation.
Matt Morris, PG
Enjoys golfing, fishing, hunting, and skiing.
An active AEG member in a variety of positions since 1981.
Steve Evans, PG
Enjoys dancing, ballet, biking, and traveling.
Active researcher, professor, and the person behind the KGS Digital Earth Analysis Lab.
Enjoys travel, golf, and hiking adventures.
Is a National Policy
Advisor on Geology at USACE Headquarters since 2009.
Nichole Vetter, PG
Is a past recipient of the Douglas R. Piteau award (2011).
Enjoys traveling and spending time with her family.
Open Board Postion
There are positions and activities for everyone to get involved, whether you have 2 hours or 20. The following positions and activities accept volunteers from outside the AEG Foundation Board of Directors
Contact email@example.com if interested.
- Federal Tax Identification Number is 94-3168991.
- California Registry of Charitable Trusts number is CT87308.
- California Corporation number is C1524975.
- Eleven-member Board of Directors meets at the table twice a year and by telephone conference several times a year. Directors donate their time and expenses to attend board meetings.
- Board governance includes: formal agendas and minutes, annual budget process, annual accounting reviews by a CPA who also prepares tax/information returns, contract part-time Operations Manager, Bylaws, Policies and Fund Charters that set fund operating criteria and goals for every fund. Books are kept on the accrual basis and in accordance with nonprofit accounting standards.
- We maintain Directors and Officers insurance, and general liability insurance.
- We have Board Policies on Investment, Conflict of Interest, Compliance, Expense Reimbursement, Anti-harassment, Whistleblower, Document Retention, Board Member Expectations, Foundation Gift Acceptance, and Donor Privacy.
- Member: California Association of Nonprofits, Member # 7329
- We file these tax and information returns:
- Federal form 990
- California form 199
- California form RRF-1, Attorney General's Registry of Charitable Trusts
- California Secretary of State form 100
- Listed in GuideStar as AEG Foundation.